Monday, July 20, 2015

Simplicity 1793 with a modification

I love this pattern. It always makes the cutest outfit no matter what! I just love this whole outfit! The inspiration came from a photo I found on Pinterest and the moment I saw it I knew I had to make for my girl. But...I wanted to do something a little different.




Instead of button holes for the straps to tie, I wanted to make it a halter top and have it tie at the back of the neck. I extended the piece in the back for the bodice, sewed a casing for the elastic to cinch the top up, and presto! An easy modification for a great summer look. 



I had a friend do the embroidery for me. I couldn't find the perfect lime fabric to go with the rest of the outfit, so I decided to do white, but it needed something extra. 

Now, I am totally not one of those people who puts their kids' name/monogram/initials on every stitch of clothing. (Friend, you know who you are. :) ) But I have to say, it was the perfect decision for this project, and I kinda like it.



It's summery....it's sassy...it's adorable. It completely works for my little sassy girl. 

I do love this Simplicity pattern. 1793 has three options for different looks...dress, shorts, pants, top, even and apron add-on. It's a great little pattern and a must-have for anyone sewing for a girly girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment