Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Dress Ready

Ok, I am finally ready to show off what I have been working on since this year started. I got the photos taken, cropped, and ready to post. Look at me accomplishing things! Feels great.

So, the first dress I am showing is a peasant dress I made, and I love the cute fabric I picked up at Joann's. 


Gosh, those adorable owls with umbrellas! 

There were so many fabric options that I could have used for accenting. It was a hard decision to make.



I decided to use two coordinating colors and do a little patchwork. I cut 2.75" squares from a bright blue and pink/pink chevron fabrics, sewed them together to form a panel for the sides alternating the squares. 

I cut the peasant dress smaller on the sides to allow for the extra panel. I used some gray fabric to make the sleeves so I could add in one more coordinating fabric.

(ignore the green triangle thingies at the bottom, my camera lens has a crack in it and the sunlight hit it just right.)
I adore this dress. And I think even Dana would be proud of my attempt at piecing together a little patchwork. My corners lined up and everything. Amazing.

More to share later.
Enjoy the spring-like weather if you got it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment