Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"It was the first day of first grade..."

My boy. He's a first grader now. A "big" kid. Naturally I took some photos of this journey. Which means that I was able to take him to his first day of school! My wonderful supervisor was able to cover for me for a couple of hours so I could do that and it was awesome. I am so grateful.

The day before:
end of summer vacation

                      First grade, you say?                                                                    

                Awww, sweet boy.                                                         First grade superhero pose.
  
At bedtime we read a book called The Night Before First Grade by Natasha Wing. It was cute and fun.

Then, the day had arrived! A new school year ready to start.
Here's a veggie tales song to go with my first grader: Billy Joe McGuffrey

"Now, Billy Joe McGuffrey was a really clumsy kid.


On the first day of first grade, I'll tell you what he did.

He tripped over a pencil box and flew up in the air
I made his back pack. More on that later.
Landed on a kangaroo who pulled out all his hair.


He needed first aide, in the first grade.


First aide, in the first grade.
First aide, in the first grade.

His teacher sent this photo. :)
You could buy a zoo with all the doctors bills be paid."

His first day went well, and he said he had fun. I hope he continues to enjoy school, and learning, and excels in whatever he wants to do. You're awesome, buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment