Thursday, July 3, 2014

Skirt Fest: #2 Layered skirt

I like to sew. 

That's not news.

I like sewing skirts. 

They are cute and fun and don't require much fabric.

My girl, however, is not much of a skirt fan. She likes dresses. I can't blame my girly girl for liking dresses. They are one piece, simple, light, and perfect for any occasion.

I thought I would make her some skirts anyway. Maybe, just maybe, if I made them fun she would like them and actually wear them. 

I posted about the bubble skirt (skirt fest #1) I made her herewhich started off this skirt fest posts--that I just came up with right now. Look at me thinking on the spot.

This time I paired it with a gray and white striped shirt she had in her closet. The peach flower on the shirt doesn't quite go with the pink in the skirt, if only the flower had been pink!, but I think it works, even with the stain on the shirt that I will try my best to see if I can get it out.


So cute! I'll have to keep an eye out to see if I can find another gray and white striped shirt in a bigger size so she can wear the skirt for the next year, or two.

This skirt fest (#2) post features a layered simple skirt.



The tank came from Wal-mart, the ladybug fabric from JoAnn's and the red with white dots from Hancock fabrics. I wasn't sure if a simple plain tee would work with this skirt. I wanted something with a little more to it, but wasn't sure what exactly. Then, I saw this black white tank at the store and thought maybe that's what it needed. When I put the outfit on her, I wasn't so sure that is what the skirt needed. I'm just not sure if it works.

So I put her in a simple white tee. 



I love this look better than the tank! I thought maybe something this simple would be too simple and not make the skirt shine. Nope. The skirt shines better with the simple tee. So much fun!

I am hoping she will take to the skirts, they just look so adorable on her.

More to come later, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment