Thursday, April 10, 2014

Not Much to Talk About

I've been working on projects and cleaning my house. Oh, and working, doing laundry, helping with homework and going to baseball games. 

My girl has a birthday at the end of the month and her invites finally arrived in the mail. I was able to send some to daycare so her friends would have a heads up. This has led me to attempt a massive cleaning of the house and I have a long way to go. The living room is looking good though, dining room is ok. The kitchen needs some organization and scouring, as well as the bathrooms. We'll get there. 

I've got some grant work coming up that needs attention. We discovered that we had some leftover money and are desperately trying to spend it. My department selected the new officer of the year this week. It's nice to be able to pass that on to someone else.

I finished a project for a friend. I am hoping she will come and get it soon. A pillowcase top, applique shirt, and ruffle pants.



My girl had been asking for a long dress, like a princess. I found this cute, summery seersucker fabric at Walmart and made her a long dress. I used a free bodice pattern from here that I had to make a little smaller across the chest for a better fit. 



I measured my girl while she was sleeping to get how long to make the skirt piece. She wanted it to go down to her feet. It's the perfect length for a maxi style dress, but I can add a ruffle on the bottom to make it longer, if only she would make up her mind if she wants one or not.

I added ties at the shoulder and a lining to the dress. Seersucker tends to be a little sheer, especially if the background fabric is white. I think she is ready for a luau. 

That's what I have been doing. Oh, and tracking down my dogs who dug under the fence and escaped. One came back as soon as I noticed they were missing so I figured they had just gotten out recently. The beagle, well, he was gone for over an hour before I spotted him coming back home when we went searching in the other direction. At least he was heading back home, he looked hot and thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment